Friday, January 15, 2010

Bike 9: Schwinn Sports Tourer

I finally had my camera with me when I spotted this post worth rig.
LOCATION: Monument Square, in front of Zahrras
BIKE: Schwinn Sports Tourer.
COMMENTS:  This thing is totaly set up for the urban environment of Portland. A classic milk crate trunk mounted on to the rear rack, a bell, a mirror, kick stand, light mount and fenders all set this up nicely for trips around town. 
It is just ugly enough to not get stolen (hence the cheap 4-digit cable lock) but has enough upgrades to likely keep it a smooth riding bike. The new(ish) front rim, an Alex DA16 and a schwinn springer seat were two things I liked the most. The seat post does not look original but the triple chain ring does. All in all a good in town winter beater.

No comments:

Post a Comment